Saturday, February 28, 2009

Wild & Crazy Homework Night

I dedicated this Saturday to getting this weekly homework assignment done for my online/real-life hybrid graduate course. I started working on it around 5:00 tonight, and I am JUST NOW GETTING DONE... at 10:45. It was this huge thing where I had to collect a bunch of data over 20 of my students from the past three years and then chart/graph it in all these fancy ways to show all these relevant connections. Now it's done and I am beat! I realize that getting a masters degree is not going to be easy, but this one class is just killing me! I've heard it's one of the hardest I'll take, so I guess I'm glad it's breaking me in for my first semester.

Having a separate office in the house really helped me to focus and get my work done faster than I normally would have in the apartment. The only distraction I had was Roxie. She kept trying to come visit me when I had the French doors shut to keep Matt's TV noise out. She would stand up on two legs and stare at me through the glass until I let her in (to step all over the assignment papers, charts, and books I had strewn everywhere). It's a wonder I got anything done with all that cute distraction. :)

Now it's nearly 11:00 on a Saturday night and I am thinking that some HGTV with Matt & Roxie sounds wonderful right about now. I can't stare at this computer screen any longer. My eyes are starting to cross...

2 comments:

Brad said...

um does my room have an office? i need to get some homework done too. i spent all day staring at my philosophy homework.

The Piersons said...

There isn't a desk in the guest room, but you can work in our office. There is a really comfy chair, a desk, and it's really quiet in there.