Monday, May 25, 2009

House Update

Well, things around the Pierson house are looking better every day. We've been working hard over the past few months to get the place together. It's taking too much time and money, but we are sloooooowly making progress. It's been 3 1/2 months since we moved in here, and the place is still nowhere near done, but it definitely looks like people live here now! I'm going to project that we'll be finished by February 2010... if we hurry! We have gotten a bunch of new furniture, put some color and things on the walls, and we even got a new fence so Roxie can finally enjoy her big backyard. Every day I am SO thankful that we have our very own house... even with the long list of projects that come along with it. I love working on things around the house with Matthew; it's so much fun to pick out new stuff together to really make this place our own. We've been having a great time so far!

Here are some photos of what we've been up to lately. Some of the pictures are kind of dark because I took them with my iPhone, but you get the idea.

Our entryway.
I love this mirrored bench thing we got at
Crate & Barrel. It's so handy AND pretty. Can't beat that.

Looking into the formal living area from the entryway.

The formal dining room.

The office.

Matt painting the theater room a lovely shade of RED!
My mom & dad came over to help us out with this one
since it took a coat of grey primer and like, 3 coats of
red paint! It took forever, but it looks great now.

The eat-in kitchen.
You can also see the deck and fence
out in the backyard here.

Painting the kitchen.
We ended up having to paint it twice, because
we didn't quite get the right color the first time. Whoops!

The sitting area in our master bedroom.
Matt HATES these curtains, so I bet we'll change them.

One of the guest rooms. Everyone thinks this is
a child's room, but it's not. I just really liked this
duvet cover and wanted a yellow room.
The twin bed probably doesn't help, either. Oh well. :)

So there you have it. A lot has been done, and a lot still needs to be done. Like curtains and window shades. And more paint. And area rugs. And a whole bunch of other stuff. I will keep updating as things get done around here, which I hope will be often.

1 comment:

*suz* said...

i love your house! and want to move in with "mom and dad" ;)